All About Beauty
Deep tissue massages
relieve muscle pain.
Massage is a very relaxing and rejuvenating treatment. However, there are several types of massage. Today we are going to discuss one of the most requested, Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage focuses on the deep layers of muscle tissues in an effort to release chronic patterns of tension. The massage uses many of the same strokes as classic message therapy, with the main difference lying in the fact that a deep tissue massage involves slower movements and the application of greater pressure. The therapist works on one particular part of the body at a time, applying friction across the grain of the muscles rather than with the grain
Read more : http://www.ehow.com/about_6614722_definition-deep-tissue-massage.html
If you have chronic muscle pain, Deep Tissue Massage is the best treatment.
- Neck, back, shoulder, leg, and hand aches and pains are all alleviated with a Deep Tissue Massage.
- Stress relief is a major benefit of this type of massage.
- Many times this can help with the reduction of pain medication
With eight years of experience, our therapist is able to do other types of massage:
- Sports (many athletic clients)
- Foot Reflexology
- Prenatal Massage
- Scalp Massage
Massage--the best vacation for your body. Give us a call at (616)246-0289 for your next appointment.
The question has come up time and time again. " How do I take care of my child's afro-textured hair?"
The daily care of any child's hair is very important. However, kinky or curly hair is not what we are exposed to in our glamorous ads seen on TV or in magazines. In addition, if your own hair is not in this category, or your upbringing did not involve dealing with this type of hair, then knowing how to care for afro-textured hair is foreign.
Have no fear, the objective of this blog is to reduce your fears by making you knowledgeable and comfortable with afro-textured hair. Following we will discuss the proper care of Afro textured hair.
- Combing: To comb this type of hair, you must not just comb from the roots to the ends until the hair is completely untangled. Hold the hair in sections at the roots and comb from the ends to the roots (sectioning is key). This is done after spraying or apply a detangler and moisturizer to the hair.
- Styling: There are various styles, but for young girls, the standard is braids, twists, or cornrows. If the hair is put into everyday ponytail braids, they need to be taken down, combed and restyled on a daily basis. Twists, individuals, extensions, cornrows can stay in a little longer without combing. If the hair is wrapped at night, they can last from a week to four weeks, depending on the style.
- The standard is to shampoo the hair once per week. This is because this texture of hair needs more moisture. Shampooing daily strips it of its moisture. If you feel you have to shampoo more than once per week, of the two times per week, one only needs to be a co-wash or conditioner shampoo (only shampoo with condition, not shampoo). Apply moisturizing conditioner after each shampoo (when using shampoo).
Of course there is a lot more to this than the three steps, based on the child's hair. However these are the basic steps. 1. Comb and moisturize daily, Shampoo only once to twice a week, preferably once. If the hair is not combed daily, it will knot and lock, causing matted hair. If it is in cornrows or box braids, you can just spray or apply moisturizer to the parts where the scalp is showing. With the aforementioned styles, you will not have to comb the hair from one week to four weeks, depending on the braid style.
Following are some links to websites and youtube videos that can help. But you can also call the salon (616)246-0829. Sue will be glad to book you for a consultation.
Basis Healthy Hair for Beginners: http://www.chocolatehairvanillacare.com/2012/03/basic-healthy-hair-steps-for-beginners.html This will give you a much more in-depth guide to caring for afro textured hair
The best website: http://www.chocolatehairvanillacare.com/ They also have a book on Amazon. It is posted in the website
Daily care demonstration. Great demo on how to comb natural hair : http://youtu.be/szFp5BtJ-vY?t=2m48s
Great demo on how to moisturize and blow dry hair. Also great sectioning and combing demo: http://youtu.be/nHDuNV4XxWg
I love this video-great tips on how to Care For a Child's Natural Hair: http://youtu.be/oMQk4bOwI6E
Hair Stying Videos from Chocolate Hair Vanilla Care Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NwMo9MHuQg&list=PL2CC0D55B523CD077
Hair Product Information
The best information I have found comes from Chocolate Hair/Vanilla Care. Click on the following links for hair product information. (click on your back arrow to return to this blog)
Types of Products
Other Hair Product Suggestions
- Soft & Beautiful Just For Me Kids Conditioning 2 in 1 Detangler
- Donna Kids Black Satin Bonnet
- Soft & Beautiful Just for Me Childrens Oil Moisturizing Lotion
- CurlyKids Super Detangling Shampoo
- CurlyKids-Curly Creme Leave In Conditioner
- African Pride Shampoos and Conditioners
Most of the products above can be found at Sally's Beauty Supply store. However, in general, moisturizing shampoos and conditioners, moisturizing lotions or cremes are best.
This blog does not give you all of the answers, but it is a excellent start to giving you the ability to care for your child's natural afro-textured hair. The rest comes from your own natural love for your child. However, you always have the professionals at Salon Nouveau to give you a hand when you need it.
2455 29th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512
Additional help: You can also call the salon (616)246-0829. Sue will be glad to book you for a consultation.
Everywhere you look, someone has a braid of some type in their hair. Braids and braid up dos are all the rage. In the Game of Thrones, braided hairstyles match the plots and twists of the show.
Just take a look at these beautiful styles. GAME OF THRONE BRAIDING STYLES
But the winner of the "Braidy" is the Khaleesi herself, Deanerys Targaryen Meereen. Do you want to know how to do her styles? Here are some tutorials to help you out,
3 coiffures inspirées de Khaleesi - Game of Thrones ? | L.A Hairstyle Inspiration - In French, but Demonstration is pretty clear
or you can just call us (616) 246-0289 for your next trendy braid up do.
So you want hair, but just for a special occasion. You don't want to commit to maintenance and cost of adding extensions for just one day or one night. The answer is Clip In Extensions.
Clip Ins have been around for a while, but lately they are catching on fire. Clip-in hair extensions are the #1 choice for adding length, volume and color to your own hair! They can transform your look by giving you longer, fuller hair in a matter of minutes. There are several advantages and benefits to clip-in extensions. That's why they are the most preferred method of hair enhancement by stylists and home users alike.
Clip in hair extensions are easy to apply and temporary. Application takes a matter of minutes. They attach using pressure sensitive clips so they don't cause damage to your hair. They are the perfect solution to a quick and easy change
See the attached video to learn how these wonderful game changers are installed. Post your comments or questions, or you can send a private request.
One of the calls we get is "Do you guys install clip ins?" Yes we have stylists that can. Clip ins are the best way to get long and full hair without the commitment to having extensions for a long time.
Clip Ins are the greatest and latest rave. Think wedding day, prom night, any special occasion where you want a temporary difference. In addition they are not as expensive as fusion extensions or sew in weaves.